Hubby is starting a new Dad Blog called Krush’emall (which he’s still designing) and he will also be doing some guest posts on our blogs! Welcome hubby as he shares his thoughts on his new laptop! It makes a great holiday gift!
Hi, my name is Mark. I am a recently, early retired IT person who has opened and setup dozens of laptops for managers. But the only laptops I’ve ever used at home were my wife’s older laptops that she no longer used once she got a new laptop (which of course I setup!) 🙂
So when the opportunity presented itself to get a new HP laptop, I jumped at the chance! HP graciously provided me with a brand new HP 2000-2d11DXlaptop. I got it at Best Buy on sale for $349. The price was right and the laptop has everything I need to take care of my new self-employed business.
For the techies out there, it has:
- an Intel Core i3 Processor (2.4 GHz) – for the non-techy, that means it’s fast
- 500 GB hard drive – lots of room to store files and run programs
- 4 GB of DDR3 SDRAM memory – it can run graphics programs easily
- DVD Drive – You can watch movies and burn disks with data or pictures
- 15.6 Brightview LED Display – the screen is nice and bright – easy to see
- Wireless Lan – to hook into your home’s wireless gateway
- Built in microphone and video cam – to use with Skype or any video chatting you’d like.
The laptop is basic black and comes with Microsoft WIndows 8. Microsoft created Windows 8 for mobile devices but it works well on the laptops too. It took a little bit to get used to the new operating system, but it has a walk through to help you with that!
Being familiar with setting up laptops I was done in just a few minutes, but it comes with instructions that even a novice could follow.
So thanks to HP, I’m ready to go out and makes lots of money with my new self employed business! Thanks HP!