You know how much I love Star Wars, right? So you also know how excited I am to share all about our local Best Buy Store to see the all new and exclusive Star Wars products!
We went to experience demos of Sphero’s new R2D2 and BB-8 Droid, and Propel’s Star Wars drones and explore all the new merchandise on Force Friday!
BB-8™, BB-9E™, and R2-D2™ are astromech droids from a galaxy far, far away … Powered by the new Sphero App-Enabled Droids app, drive your droids, send them on patrol together, and more. Roam iconic ship interiors and memorable locations from the Star Wars™ saga through augmented reality and the Droid Trainer accessory. Each droid has different environments to explore.
These droids span decades of adventures from Star Wars saga:
- The iconic R2-D2 is a veteran of the Rebel Alliance
- BB-8 is a trusty astromech droid of the Resistance
- BB-9E is the First Order’s rolling menace
The specialized tech in these droids make them unlike any other. Watch them interact together and view films from the Star Wars saga with BB-8, BB-9E, and R2-D2 reacting by your side, to immerse yourself in the Star Wars galaxy!
- These are the most authentic, true to character Droids on the market.
- R2-D2 is complete with the signature waddle and retractable foot and sounds are authentic – the same one’s you’d hear from the movies.
- Patrol – you can send all three on patrol
Watch With Me Feature:
- Watch films from the Star War’s saga with your droids and they will react to the movie
- Only compatible with Rogue one, the force awakens, and new hope
- Roam iconic ship interiors and memorable locations from the Star Wars saga, and more. Each droid has different holographic environments to enjoy.
- As an added bonus, BB-9E gets to roll through a new First Order Star Destroyer from Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The droid trainer helps with this experience.
Bring the magic of flight to a whole new dimension with the Propel Star Wars High Performance Battle Drones. Choose to fight for the Rebellion or the Empire through piloting the T65 X-Wing Fighter Star Ship, The Tie Advanced X1, or the 74Z Speeder Bike drones.
- Key Feature #1: Star Wars Battle Drone Companion APP
- Releasing on September 1st, 2017 for both IOS and Android devices the Star Wars Battle Drone Companion App will again create a groundbreaking immersive experience for drone pilots. Via Bluetooth connection to your controller the App will provide:
Major Piece #1: Battle Mode
- Bridging the gap between virtual gaming and the real world, Battle Mode allows Star Wars Battle Drone Pilots to experience the thrill of multiplayer dog fights that are inspired by the battles and missions of the Star Wars Universe.
- The Star Wars Battle Drones allow up to 12 players to simultaneously battle against one another in flight using actual infrared lasers. Each drone comes equipped with both emitting and receiving laser diodes that register strikes through visual, audio, and vibration feedback in the hobby grade controller.
Major Piece #2: Flight Simulator
- Learn to pilot your new drone in the virtual hangers of Planet Hoth, The Death Star or on the Moon of Endor. The controlled training environment will teach you the skills from the basics to advanced laser battling to ready you for actual flight.
Key Feature #2: Technology
- The Propel High Performance Star Wars Battle Drones use over 10 patents in their flight technology and communication that will allow the drones to “speak” to one another while battling in flight.
- LIFI is an incredible new technology that stands for light fidelity. LIFI is very similar to WIFI as it allows the Star Wars Battle Drones to transmit data to one another using light. The transfer of data using LIFI is 100 times faster than WIFI which creates the foundation of the live drone battling.
- IAT – Intelligent Awareness Technology
- Propel’s ground breaking IAT technology bridges the gap between virtual gaming and the real world. It unlocks a brand-new era for the gaming industry. IAT uses four latency-free wireless communication systems to create exciting and incredibly compelling gaming experience.
- Reverse Propulsion
- Drones usually pull air down to fly but the Star Wars Battle Drones push! This “reverse propulsion” technology has enabled Propel to pioneer Star Wars Drones which fly like they are supposed to.
Key Feature #3: Collectors Box
- The high-quality construction of the Star Wars Battle Drone Collectors Box sets this drone apart from any other drone. The box comes complete with a re-chargeable Light up display base for showing off your drone. From the first time, you open the collector box and every time thereafter it will play famous sound tracks from the Star Wars Universe. Hear the Star Wars theme song or the Imperial March of Darth Vader, listen to the sounds of each ship and iconic Star Wars characters.
Key Feature #4: Hobby Grade Controller
- The design of the Star Wars Battle Drone controller will match your ship choice; Black for the Empire and White for the Republic. The hobby grade controller features:
- A Light Saber Shaper repair screwdriver
- Metal Control Gimbles
- A Headphone jack to immerse yourself in the sounds of battle
- Trim control
- Push button auto calibration for your drone
- Laser triggers
- Push button auto star and land.
I’m sharing some moments of our adventure with you and we loved everything so much, we brought one of them home! Can you guess which one?
Check it out:
We loved it so much, I brought all the fun home!
What are you waiting for? Check out your local Best Buy to see New and Exclusive Star Wars products, click HERE for more info!
Can’t wait to hear what you think, give us a Trendy Shout!