April is Spring Cleaning Time, it’s also my favorite time to remodel my home and work on small projects, because when you maintain your home and refresh the look every year, it doesn’t only give you pleasure to live in your home, but it gives you that feeling of living in a brand new place! Of course, before committing to any changes, make sure you do your research first so that you don’t make a mess. Thinking about retiling your bathroom or perhaps your kitchen? Read tiler reviews first, or if you’re planning on painting cabinets, read the paint reviews first. You want the best resources at your disposal!
There are a few things we do in April every year, which helps keep our home updated and beautiful! Today I’m going to share my tips with you:
Spring Remodeling Tips
- Revamp at least one room! We choose one room, this year it’s going to be my bedroom, we’re changing the curtains, adding furniture and making it look more comfortable! I can’t wait to share the after result next month! We might even change the lighting and add some custom neon signs too. That would make my bedroom really stand out.
- Floors because it’s the first impression in every home – so we choose one room, which has an old carpet or a hardwood floor which needs polishing and we do it right before the summer. My office needs a new rug, between the animals and high traffic, since I work in there every day, we’ll be looking for estimates and an easier way to get it done without disturbing my work flow.
- Yard Sale – April is our town’s yard sale, so we use it as an excuse to get rid of things and minimize the clutter. My goal this year is to sell any young children’s toys I have in my home, along with some teaching supplies I no longer use and do a major clean-up in the basement, even leaving some items for free on our front lawn, you know … one man’s trash is …
While the yard sale is in full swing, we like to look at our own yard and whether this needs revamping. A lot of the time once winter has brought it’s bad weather, your fencing can look sorry for itself. Investing in a new secure fence for your garden is always so important which is why we like to use fencing like ones made by eComposite Products because they are so strong and secure.
- Appliance upgrades: Keeping your appliances current not only increases the value of your home, but also makes your life easier and better. Our range is 4 years old, it works fine, but we feel, since I cook all the time, that we could use a new range. All the appliances in our kitchen are brand new, all but the range, so we decided to put a plan in place to replace it by the fall.
Of course, Best Buy is our go to place for better deals and great appliances, because it makes it easy for us to stretch our remodeling dollars by offering the best deals. We’re particularly looking for Samsung, since that’s the brand of most of our appliances and we know we’re getting the best when we buy it!
I want to share that during this season, Samsung appliances are having a Major Upgrade Sale:
Samsung Bundle & Save (ENDS 4/4) – Save an Additional 10% on select Samsung 4-piece Kitchen Packages.
Link to learn more on offer/disclaimer: Offer *
* Up to 30% Major Appliance Top Deals. Minimum Savings is 5%. Plus, get a free $100 gift card when you buy 2 Major Appliances totaling $1500 or more
Link to learn more: Appliance Top Deals
Look at the French Door Refrigerator – Black Stainless Steel.
Showcase door, metal cooling, FlexZone drawer
- Find your favorite foods with just a glance. The Food Show Case door keeps stored items visible and within easy reach.
- Energy-efficient storage. Cool Tight door helps prevent cool air from escaping, and metal cooling technology maintains a consistent temperature to maintain freshness
- Flex Zone drawer keeps food fresh. Four temperature settings and a Smart Divider ensure your groceries stay at the proper temperature.
Self-Cleaning Freestanding Gas Convection Range – Black Stainless Steel.
* Convection. Bake and broil with better results. The fan system distributes heat throughout the oven, so your dishes cook faster and more evenly every time.
I hope I’ve convinced you that April is the month to get your home ready for more family time, hosting more parties and increasing its value, because you never know. We live in our home as if tomorrow we would be putting it up for sale, which is a great way to maintain the place where you spend most of your time, right? We think so. People move house all the time, so at least ours will always be tidy if we decide to move. On the subject of moving house, one of my friends recently decided to put her house on the market. She’d found her dream house, but couldn’t purchase it as she was stuck with her current home. However, this bridging loan helped her to purchase her dream home anyway. That was amazing for her and it’s good to know that people are able to do that. Maybe we’ll move in the future, who knows? Anyway, I can’t wait to hear your tips! As usual, give us a Trendy Shout!
*Disclaimer – Offer valid: 12/1/16-4/4/17. Products must be purchased on same receipt to receive savings. Requires purchase of Samsung major appliances from the following categories: Refrigerators, Ranges, Wall Ovens, Cooktops, Dishwashers, Range Hoods, and Microwaves. Must include models from at least four different categories. Excludes Samsung Chef Collection models.