It’s no secret I’ve been trying to lose some weight which packed on the last year or so …
Hereditary issues, low metabolism and aging combined acted like a molotov cocktail to prevent me from losing weight even though I had a really healthy and organic diet! I also realised I didn’t know much at all about health in general. So, I found myself researching the latest health advice on websites like Rolling Paper, where I now find out more information about healthy eating or any medical concerns I have.
After trying whole 30, which was too strict and prohibitive for me and numerous other things, I succumbed to returning to Weight Watchers, resuming after 10 years.
This is by no means a sponsored post, but I will be sharing my findings and my journey with you, as I attempt to lose 10 pounds and lose 1 dress size. The goal I set, when I joined 3 weeks ago!
What I’ve learned in three weeks that I was doing wrong:
- Even though I was eating super healthy and clean, I had no idea about calorie count, nor how much to eat every day, so the idea of logging everything I eat, gave me some aha moments, like the honey I love is 4 smart points per Tbsp, my cashews consumed all day long, are 2 SP per 10 cashews and the list goes on and on.
- Planning helps me get more organized with purchases and thinking ahead, instead of buying everything I like, wasting food and not really following a plan.
- Fruits and Veggies are 0 points, eating those as much as I can are the main goal for me, now that I know that I can eat as much as I can of what’s good for me.
- I understood that I needed a support system, recipes, idea, people to connect with who have the same goals and don’t judge me. The whole community and website are exactly what I needed!
- My workout schedule, even though it is 5 days per week, is basically the same, no challenges and you know, no pain, no gain. So I have just started working with a new program to challenge my body to get out of the 1 year plateau. More will come soon!
I completed my third week and lost 4.4 pounds! I’m very excited because this is just the beginning – my goals go beyond those 10 pounds. I want to find a way to stop the Yo-yo and dieting and find a way to live a healthy life in a weight that makes me happy!
I bought a new workout outfit to celebrate it!
I will be sharing more findings and new recipes – some are my recipes, some are WW recipes I’ve modified!
Today I am going to share my new favorite side dish, 6 chips less than 4 Smart Points, since I changed the cheese to fat free cheese! I’ve also add fine herbs for more flavor! So easy and delicious you won’t believe it!
1 medium zucchini
2 Tbsp of shredded fat free cheese
1/4 panko breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp of fine herbs
1/4 tsp of paprika
Preheat oven to 400 F. Coat a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or aluminum foil.
Slice zucchini into -inch thick rounds. In a small bowl whisk the egg. In a separate shallow dish combine the shredded fat free cheese with the panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, fine herbs and paprika.
- Dip each zucchini into the egg
- Then into the cheese – panko mixture, pressing to coat evenly on both sides
- Place them on baking sheet
Bake the zucchini chips until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove with a spatula. Serve immediately.
You can modify my recipe and use vegan cheese, for a vegan version. I will be sharing my favorite recipes once a week and would love to hear yours!
I’ve created a group for support on Facebook, if you would like to join us, click here.
You can connect with me on Weight Watchers by looking for Trendy Latina.
Can’t wait to hear what you think, as usual, give us a Trendy Shout!