The Summer is here and with it comes my favorite time of all for fashion, food and visiting friends! Barbecue Season is at our door!
Summer whites, delicate fabrics, and colorful bathing suits are what make summer fashion so much fun. But we also need to take extra care of those special white jeans or the delicate silk top, because summer fabrics are not only pretty to wear but also harder to maintain!
I’m always busy and on the go, but looking my best is a priority, so I’ve developed, over the years, a set of tips to keep my clothes looking good all the summer and for many summers to come!
Summer Laundry Tips
Sorting the Clothes
- Separating clothes is crucial! Please don’t wash whites with colors or delicates with jeans for example! I know it seems basic, but our busy schedules don’t often allow us to sort through! This is one of my most important steps! We actually have a day of the week when we do laundry and all clothes are sorted in piles and my clothes, which are more delicate, are washed separately from the rest of the house.
- Bathing suits are always washed separately and air dried! Some of my bathing suits are from Brazil, where they wash everything by hand and air dry, so checking the clothes tags is a must, if you want them to look like new!
- Barbecue stains, grass marks, so many things that prevent your clothes from looking great in the summer! So instead of wasting your time worrying about it, here is how I handle tough stains: since *the stain removal of 1 Tide PODS pac equals 6 doses of leading bargain brand liquid detergent, base variant – Tide cleans and conditions in 1 single step, all the time, so I no longer have to worry about it!
Washer and Dryer
- Investing in a good washer and dryer combo: because water temperature, special cycles and even energy saving mode are a must if you want to preserve your clothes this summer while helping the environment!
Read The Labels
- Summer dresses bring the best of the season but it’s important to read the labels and know how to take care of them to make sure you are taking care of delicate or more high maintenance fabrics the correct way! Some items can only be dry cleaned, so find a dry cleaner you can rely on when you’re in a stitch. Ad Astra Dry Cleaning Perth is one dry cleaner you might want to look at – the longer a dry cleaner has been around the more reliable they’ll be. You don’t want any of your delicates getting damaged! You want to be ready for that business happy hour or dinner with friends al fresco and enjoy the night, without thinking about your outfit! Because all your clothes will look great, brand new!!! Trust me! This dress is 3 years old!!
- Choosing the right laundry detergent is a must. After all, you don’t brush your teeth with the cheapest toothpaste, nor drink the cheapest orange juice, right? Even if you are a bargain hunter, there are always coupons, sale items and store specials to allow you to be loyal to a brand that helps you take care of your clothes, better than ever, in the summer! It must also dissolve in all temperatures and protect clothes from damage in the wash.
- For me, Tide PODS™ Plus Downy are here to get me through all of my summer laundry needs so I can get back to enjoying the sunshine with family and friends. From BBQ stains to washing bathing suits and towels, to grass marks, Tide can handle anything summer throws at me.
Here are some other reasons why I love Tide PODS Plus Downy
- Tide PODS Plus Downy laundry detergent pacs offer the Tide clean you love, now with Downy Fabric Protect. To enjoy great cleaning results, use 4-in-1 laundry pacs to clean, brighten, fight stains and protect your clothes every time you do laundry.
- Tide PODS Plus Downy is the first detergent pac that helps transform the washing machine into a safe place that cleans, conditions and protects your clothes.
- Tide PODS works with both high efficiency and standard washers. Its HE Turbo technology provides 6x the cleaning power in half the time*.
*the stain removal of 1 Tide PODS pac equals 6 doses of leading bargain brand liquid detergent, base variant.
- 4 in 1 technology: detergent, stain remover, brightener, Downy Fabric Protect.
- HE Turbo technology provides 6x the cleaning power in half the time*.
- Works with HE and standard washing machines.
My last tip:
Bring your Tide PODS Plus Downy laundry detergent pacs with you! When we go camping or exploring the shore this Summer, Tide is the first item on my list!
(Please remember to Keep out of reach of children! )
So what do you think? Do you have any summer laundry tips you can share with us?
I can’t wait to hear what you think! As usual, give us a Trendy Shout!