“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Colgate-Palmolive. All opinions are mine alone. #FusionClean #CollectiveBias”
You know I love to cook! You also know how busy I am! For us, it’s not an option. We have decided that eating healthy and home cooked meals made with fresh ingredients is a must at our home!
Following my mom’s footsteps, I grew up in a home with no microwave, no frozen food, that’s where all the amazing dishes and fun were created! I remember the aroma of her cooking and sometimes 4 dishes would be shared in order to cater to our individual preferences!
Just keep in mind, there was no dish washer in Brazil, where I grew up, so after the cooking feast, there was a huge mess! But my mom always approached it as a small price to pay for an amazing meal and never, ever complained about it!
So, I have adopted her attitude, since cooking is a passion for me and have rallied friends around me, my Instagram community and blog readers to cook up a storm; to say no to the microwave and easy fix!
Today I will be sharing my five tips to let you cook up a storm, having a plan and not feeling overwhelmed!
- Plan ahead: I plan my meals and go shopping at Walmart, every weekend, to ensure that we have fresh vegetables and the meats I need for the week.
- Plan your day: I take the meat out of the freezer early in the morning and If I have to go to work late afternoon, I do prep work in the morning as well, leaving just the finishing touches for the night time. Easy enough, right?
- When you have a crazy day, plan an almost no cooking meal, which is what I will be sharing with you today. Only one cooking step and the rest is all fresh uncooked items! Healthier and easier to prepare!
- Make meals ahead, I know I told you we don’t eat frozen food, but if I make a huge batch of mac-n-cheese, a soufflé or a lasagna, I often make two, and freeze one for a later day. Just remember, when you freeze your meals, you just have to warm them up and there are no preservatives added to it! Easy and healthy!
- Enlist your family when it’s clean up time. We all bring our dishes to the sink every night, my son helps bring the larger plates as well and my husband does the dishes. We all pitch in to have that amazing meal without stressing anybody out!
I use Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ because it inspires busy moms like me to “out-cook” the microwave and share my cooking adventures. Using Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ dish liquid, which combines Baking Soda and the fresh scent of Lime or Grapefruit, I have “A Modern Twist on Cleaning™”!
Thought you would like to know that Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ Dish Liquid helps you clean up the mess, harnessing the cleaning power of fusion with Palmolive® Fusion Clean™. Its specially formulated for tough cleaning challenges; so
tackling stuck-on food just became easier: *Cleans 2.5x more dishes vs. Palmolive® Non-Concentrated dish liquid! I love that!
So when it’s time for me to cook, I’m not dreading it, nor regretting my decision! I actually look forward to it! So, are you ready for my recipe?
Easy Taco Buffet
1 pound of ground beef
1 Tbsp of cumin
1Tbsp of Coriander seeds
1 Tsp of salt
2 cloves of garlic
1 diced onion
1 Tbsp of oil
10 lettuce leaves chopped
1 large diced tomato
3 peppers, different colors diced ( I used just half of each)
4 Tbsp of low fat sour cream
4 Tbsp of low fat mozzarella cheese
1 avocado ( I used the low fat avocado version)
1/2 diced onion
1 clove of garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp of lemon juice
pic of ingredients
Chop all the diced items above ahead of time, I usually do that in the morning and place them in containers in the fridge. Cuts my prep time at night in half!
When it’s time to assemble the buffet, I heat the oil and add onion and garlic and brown the ground beef until all the water is gone!
I immediately make the guacamole! I remove the fruit with a knife and mash all the ingredients together as below:
Bring all the pre cut items to the table and the meat and guacamole and listo! You have a fun, easy, weekly night meal with almost no cooking and very little pots and pans for you to worry about!
Tip: I often use the Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ dish liquid on my skillet and leave it soaking until we finish our meal and it’s time to do the dishes. I also soak my mocajete after we finish our meal to remove all from it, since it’s a porous surface!
As Latinos we love food and a clean kitchen, right? So I want to inspire you to create your own easy and delicious masterpieces and not use the microwave in the process! I want to challenge you to cook at home and prepare un plato rico and easy without the fear of the mess now thanks to Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ dish liquid. Because you and I want to spend more time with our family and less time doing the cleanup, right?
I want to share that there will be a digital coupon available on coupons.com from 4/10 until 4/23 for $0.25 off any Palmolive product.
Share your thoughts, what are your tips to a homemade easy meal? As usual, give us a Trendy Shout!