1 package of Bacalau (Salted Cod Fish)
Salt and pepper to taste
1tsp of Paprica
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 cup of milk
1 1/2 cup of Crisco Vegetable oil
Place cod in warm water and change water for 3 hours, to reduce the salt in it Mix all ingredients but flour and milk, add them slowly, flour first and milk last, to reach a soft consistency to be scooped with a spoon to fry. If you wish to make the balls with your hand, you will need to add more flour and less milk than above.
I use a spoon and scoop each time, trying to keep the same size.
Place oil on a skillet and heat to medium temperature, fry the cod fish balls to golden brown.
Secreto: Add some red pepper flakes to or chilly powder to the mix to add some kick to it! Bom Proveito!
Did you know that soybean oil is used in this recipe? It’s included as one of the ingredients in the Crisco Vegetable oil!
Though you probably didn’t realize it, soybean may have already been a beneficial part of your cooking routine! Almost 100 percent of what’s labeled as vegetable oil is actually soybean oil! Check the ingredients listed on your product label!
So why is soybean oil good to use? Just check out these facts:
- Soybean oil is one of the most versatile ingredients that you can use in the kitchen, it can help you create all of your favorite traditional meals without compromising their taste.
- Soybean oil has some health benefits, especially for the heart, that makes it a wonderful choice for family cooking. Remember that having heart disease can lead you to visit cardiologists and go through several medical tests. So, it could be better to use soyabean oil while cooking. You can check out some of the benefits below.
- Contains 0 grams of trans fats per serving.
- It is a great source of vitamin E which can prevent cell damage that could lead to diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- Contains unsaturated fats which can replace saturated fats and it may lower your cholesterol levels.
- It serves as a principal source of omega-3s, which can help reduce blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
If you’d like to check out some more soybean oil related recipes, please visit the United Soybean Board‘s Facebook page.
Hey! We’re having a GIVEAWAY!!!
GIVEAWAY: (1) $25 Walmart Gift Card
- For the mandatory entry – just comment on this post with your favorite soy dish.
- Additional Entry Options:
- – Like United Soybean Board on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/UnitedSoybeanBoard.
- Tweet about the giveaway using the #SoyParaSoy hashtag
- Giveaway is open to US entries only – age 18 and up.
- Giveaway will run for 2 weeks, until 12/31/2012.
This is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and the United Soybean Board. However, all opinions expressed are my own.