This post is sponsored by Primo® water, but as usual, all opinions are my own.
Today I’m here to talk about the importance of water in our lives and how it took on a whole new meaning, since my son decided to pursue basketball as a career.
My son recently started seriously dedicating his time and efforts to basketball. He told us he wants to play in college, so he spent the summer attending clinics, playing in games and doing whatever it takes to reach his goals.
As an athlete, he knows the importance of drinking water. We all know, but I was really surprised to read about how water is an essential nutrient the brain depends on to maintain optimal function.
You can read more
For us, it all starts from the source:
We love how we can bring our water bottle to a Primo refill station at our local grocery or big-box store and how easy and cost-effective it is to get Primo water this way!
All you have to do is take it home and enjoy using the Primo water dispenser!
My son makes it a habit to grab a fresh glass, before and after workouts!
My son is a growing teen and water quality matters that’s why we love Primo water. It goes through a multi-step purification process and significantly reduces the presence of chlorine and chlorine by-products, bacteria and parasites, heavy metals (including lead and mercury), and many more contaminants.
I recently learned that a few of the main benefits of a well-hydrated brain include:
- Improved Concentration – Our brains are the first to feel the effects of dehydration and it shows by a loss of concentration. Staying properly hydrated enables the brain to stay alert so we can keep our attention and focus.
- Balanced Moods – Studies have identified a link between dehydration and mood disturbances. Drinking water increases the brain’s temperature and gets rid of toxins and dead cells.
It also keeps cells active and balances chemical processes in the brain, helping to regulate stress and anxiety, which is so common among teens and adults.
- Better Sleep – Water increases blood flow to the brain, which increases oxygenation and calms the brain, helping us to get a more restful night’s sleep and who doesn’t want that, right?
- Sustained Memory Function – When our brains are dehydrated, it becomes harder for us to memorize things, retain information, draw conclusions and create long-term memories, essential functions for optimal performance.
Since it takes only mild dehydration to cause adverse effects on short-term memory, it’s important to drink enough water daily to maintain memory function.
- Prevention and Relief of Headaches – Dehydration has been found to trigger headaches and migraines in some individuals.
- Studies have shown that drinking water can prevent or relieve certain types of headaches in those who are dehydrated.
Here are a few tips on how to help your kids drink more water:
Make it easier and basically have water where they can see it! This generation wants it easy and now!
We love how Primo water is ready for a nice glass of fresh water or for the water bottle that goes with our son to a game, to his game room or to a workout!
Make it easier to fit in your busy schedule by shopping for dispensers online.
Find Primo Water near YOU!
Shop for a non-spill cap (this makes it easier to refill your water bottle at a refill station): HERE
Another Tip that really works for us is to offer water to your kids throughout the day. You would be surprised about how many kids simply forget to drink water.
Check out my water dispenser:
hTRIO Bottom Loading Water Dispenser with Single Serve Coffee K-cup® Machine Built-In.
If all those tips are not enough, here’s an extra incentive: my dispenser also has a COFFEE K-CUP® MACHINE BUILT-IN!
Awesome coffee, any time!
I want to share this promo code, for you to get started: use code WATERGOALS25, which provides for 25% off the dispenser, FREE fast shipping + a FREE coupon will be mailed for 5-gallon bottle of Primo water and another will be in the box when delivered.
What are your tips for your kids to drink more water?
Save ours for later:
Can’t wait to hear what you think, as usual, give us a Trendy Shout!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Primo.