I have been compensated by Comcast to attend the event, but all opinions are my own.
I already knew that Xfinity offered the fastest internet service available in my area. I also knew that X1 is an amazing HUB offering endless possibilities and the best of all – everything is at your fingertips or voice, in one place!
Xfinity has been working to offer us more, making our life easier! That is what I want and need when I think about managing my internet, TV, phone service and my son’s devices!
Here is what I’ve learned about Xfinity services and the new offerings at their event in New Jersey:
Xfinity X1 will change the way you experience TV.
- Integrated Xfinity apps (like Netflix) now includes YouTube, which means customers can easily access YouTube’s online video collection alongside the live, on demand, DVR and other web programming that is already included with their Xfinity TV subscriptions, just by your voice commands.
- You can search for topical videos by saying, “YouTube, show me make-up tutorials,” ! Loooove it!
- Common Sense Media and X1 are helping families go back-to-school with a dedicated destination on X1 featuring a variety of programming including guidance on cyberbullying, trending social media apps, screen time management and finding great media the whole family can enjoy.
Parents can go to the kids section of X1 to access
- A curated selection of Common Sense Media videos, reviews and programming suggestions on a variety of topics such as online safety and cyberbullying
- Videos that offer overviews and safety tips for popular social media platforms including Snapchat, Instagram, Musical.ly and Kik
- Educational videos and content applicable to children of all ages, such as “8 Rules for Safe Smartphone Use,” “6 Ways to Help Your Kids Stop Multitasking During Homework,” and more, with several titles available in Spanish! I loooove that!
- Reviews of new and returning TV shows such as “Stranger Things” just in time for Fall TV!
CBS Sports Digital launched a new fantasy football experience on X1 where viewers can access their CBS Sports Fantasy League standings, weekly matchups and team performance on the same screen as live games.
- Easily navigate between live games and highlights while keeping an eye on your fantasy team’s performance, all on one screen.
- Launch the new experience by simply saying “show me my fantasy football team” or “my fantasy football team” – as well as a variety of other voice commands – into their X1 voice remote, how cool is that?
Xfinity xFi is a new an personalized WiFi experience that provides a simple online dashboard for customers to set up their home WiFi network, find their passwords, see what devices are connected, set parental controls and so much more. xFi gives customers unprecedented visibility and control over one of the most important technologies in their home.
No more nagging for kids to come at dinner time or at bed time! You can now set priorities, assign usage and enforce your household rules without the need for confrontation! I love that so much! This is a game changer for an internet provider!
My absolute favorite – the announcement of Xfinity Mobile really excited me!
It is a new wireless service, with Internet and data at the center of the experience. Xfinity Mobile is the nation’s first wireless service combining America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network with Comcast’s 18 million WiFi hotspots to provide customers with a better wireless experience, for less money, on today’s most popular devices.
Best of all, this is not just one more mobile service provider, it is one more effort the company is making to offer their customers, the convenience to have all their needs met in one place, for an amazing price!
You can stop at your closest store, grab your new phone and just pay $45.00 per month for unlimited data!
Such a sweet deal, isn’t?
For more information on Xfinity services, check it out:
Can’t wait to hear what you think! As usual, give us a Trendy Shout!