As soon as I arrived in Rancho Valencia, I felt that the Mazda Event was going to be special!
We were welcomed to a beautiful lane, covered in flowers and local vegetation where the rooms and Villas rest, surrounded by nature and birds, as if placed by God to allow us to relax and contemplate nature’s beauty.
Our cocktail at sunset and Japanese food, surrounded by the Mazda Cars: MX-5 RF and CX-5 gave us the perfect preview of coming attractions
I was really surprised by the morning presentation from designer Julien Montousse.
Julien Montousse is director of design for Mazda North American Operations (MNAO). In this role, he oversees all of Mazda’s North American design operations, including next-generation vehicle design, exterior, interior and brand strategy development.
If you know me, and follow me in social media, you know I’m all about energy, I believe we’re all connected and we’re all a part of something bigger and what we think and feel, shape our present and ultimately, our future.
Mazda took that concept to the next level by sharing that the designers and hands which were involved in manufacturing the vehicles carry that concept to the next level, Julien said:
- The energy concept, which starts with the design and goes all the way to the last details on assembly line.
- The Skyactiv technology and high end custom features make Mazda vehicles unique in its category and price point is not an indicator of how much that goes into their vehicles.
But nothing compares to driving and experiencing the vehicles! Our drive started on board the MX-5 RF
We stopped at a beautiful Olive Garden & Restaurant , where we had lunch and I had a chance to chat with Julien!
What I really love about the MAZDA MX-5 RF:
- The power roof opens and closes with the press of a button while moving at speeds of up to 10km/h. Thanks to the folding system, the MX-5 RF offers the same trunk space as the soft top model.The RF retractable hardtop, promising the best of both coupe and ragtop worlds.
- While the range of drivetrain and transmissions has been maintained, the MX-5 RF we drove had one of my favorite colors: the Machine Grey.
Bolder lines and Paint which reflects the light, give this vehicle an endless color/shaping moving unique perspective. The painting technology originally created for Soul Red, a premium color with a high-quality finish that looks as if it were hand-painted.
The system uses a three-coat paint structure consisting of color, reflective and clear coats. The reflective layer, which contains extremely thin, high-brightness aluminum flakes, shrinks during the drying process to about one-quarter the thickness of most reflective layers.
- More interior space on the driver side: My driving partner was 6’3″, last year we had an MX-5 and my husband is 6’2″ and he had a hard time fitting in it.
- Once you step inside, the most notable change is the new seven-inch #MazdaConnect touchscreen system, which includes a number of apps and features to make your drive easier. The Commander control knob lets you rapidly change between music from your phone to satellite radio, and it even recognizes voice commands so you can operate it hands free. You can also readjust the automatic retractable fastback found on the car.
The MAZDA CX-5
The CX-5 was our ride back, packed with features, this Crossover is packed with features and handles the road so well, that you will have to look no further when shopping for a family vehicle which offers: safety, space, comfort and technology all at your fingertips!
- All New Exterior Design
- Newly developed exterior color, Soul Red Crystal
- Full LED headlights
- LED foglights
- Power rear liftgate
- Rear LED Signature tailights
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)
- BOSE® 10-speaker surround sound system with Centerpoint® 2 and AudioPilot® 2
- MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system with 7-inch full-color touchscreen display and voice command – which is one of my favorite features!
We ended our ride with a meditation session where the Buddhist Priest guided us through the process of raising awareness of our inner thoughts and being present. I have medicated for a few years, my practice is focused not on a train of thought or religion but on my never-ending search to be a better person and find myself through the daily noise, focusing on what really matters.
Next was learning more about how the Mazda vehicle design is conceived, starting the same way you start a work of art! Back to the basics, to the craftsmanship so valued in the high end models, while not losing sight of the future; which is definitely making Mazda approach very unique, placing it on a category of its own.
Our dinner that night also made this Latina happy! Tacos, fresh guac and tortillas and queso hondido?? Soooooo good, followed by a sunset Tequila tasting, Que Rico!!!
Last week, I was able to grasp and feel the concept and energy that powers the Mazda Team, at the event at Rancho Valencia; where they effortlessly showcased the brand’s renewed efforts to provide a luxury experience, not compromised by a price point.
We were truly able to #ExperienceMazda!!
I can’t wait to have both vehicles in my driveway and share more about each one soon!!!
What do you think of my experience? Have you driven a Mazda? Do you love them as much as I do? Are you a top down or SUV kind of driver??? Tell it all!! Can’t wait to hear what you think!!! As usual, give us a Trendy Shout!
Two pictures in this review were provided by Mazda.