This post is sponsored by Savings.co, but as usual, all opinions are my own.
You know Spring is just around the corner and with the all issues we’re facing, enjoying time outdoors may boost your immune system without the unnecessary risk. So Today I’ll share some tips on how to be active by being proactive.
How To Be Active By Being Proactive
Take hike, a long walk, browse trails around your neighborhood.
Nothing better than fresh air and outdoor time to give you the much needed physical activity without adding any stress to your day!
Exercise Is Proven To Boost Your Immune System
If you have been thinking of ways to boost your immune system, look no further – exercise should be on the top of your list.
Studies show that Pilates, a brisk walk and even Yoga are great ways to boost your immune system.
Pilates, for example, helpsyour core strength and addresses stability and flexibility of the spinal column. Pilates also develops greater breath awareness for better oxygenation of the blood, and can boost self-esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy levels.
Poor alignment of the spine compromises the central nervous system and our internal organs – contributing to a weakened immune system.
1. Eat your fruits and veggies. Women should have 7-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day while men should have 9-11 servings each day of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables contain crucial vitamins and minerals to help fight off unwanted germs leading to colds and the flu and similar viruses.
Remember that a serving of fruit and vegetables is roughly the size of your fist. The number of servings listed may seem like a lot but it is easier than you think!
Why so many servings? Fruits and veggies help fill the Carb portion – take a look at that section in this Calorie info graphic.
2. Take a Vitamin D supplement. Taking approximately 1000 IUs of vitamin D has been found to be as effective as taking the flu shot. Plus taking a variety of other multivitamins like those that you can find on this Ritual Vitamins review proves to be effective in boosting your immune system and helping your body to become healthier.
3. Get your recommended 8 hours of sleep. Sleep allows your immune system to work at its best.
4. Drink a lot of water, at least every 15 minutes, which is proven to reduce the chances of any virus, by flushing it to your stomach where the acids will destroy it.
Here is another incentive:
You can get 40% off Calvin Klein Performance women’s activewear at Macy’s!
Here are some of my favorites:
Those Print Leggings are just gorgeous!
Also love these Cargo Pants! They are so cute and will be used beyond just for workouts!
This Fleece Zip Hoodie will go well with both pants and will keep me warm on colder days!
Get 40% Off Calvin Klein Performance Women’s Activewear at Macy’s!
- Sale Dates: 3/13/20 – 3/15/20
- Free Shipping on orders $49+
- Restrictions may apply.
Hope you join me in grabbing some much needed workout pieces to brighten up your mood, helping you be active and spend time outdoors!
That’s definitely my plan!
More tips on living a healthy life HERE.
Can’t wait to hear what you think!
As usual, give us a Trendy Shout!