You know I’ve been hiking a lot more lately and what you wear makes a huge difference. Today I’m sharing the pieces I bought to Go Outdoors With Athleta.
This post has been sponsored by Sivan Social, but as usual, all opinions are my own.
Go Outdoors With Athleta
Last year’s back injury and the gyms closing pushed me to go outdoors even more and hiking became a natural choice.
As I walked my way out of the only injury I’ve ever had, I’ve found a new sense of freedom and the peace a trail brings to you!
I’ve always loved the outdoors on vacation, but must confess, hiking was not a passion I pursued before 2020.
A year later, I went from short hikes to 8+ mile hikes and with that comes the need for proper gear to support my new found passion!
It’s important to be mindful of the seasons and that Spring in my area means Mid 60s – low 70s. So instead of wearing a jacket, I prefer to wear a long sleeve top.
That’s why I love the Athleta Pacifica Illume Fitted Top
Check it out:
- Recycled Polyester/ Recycled Nylon/Lycra
- RATED UPF 50+
- SUSTAINABLE: Made from Recycled Polyester, a material sourced from post-consumer plastic bottles that helps lessen our impact on the world
- Machine wash and dry.
When it’s a bit chilly, I wear my Cozy Karma Asym Pullover, on top of the top for an extra layer.
It’s important to have freedom of movement when you’re hiking and once you get the blood pumping you’ll rarely feel really cold!
Now Let’s talk Pants!
I had gone hiking with jeans and regular workout pants and the jeans limit your mobility, the workout pants don’t protect your skin from thorns and bushes you find along the way.
I lost track of the times I got scratched, while braving into new exciting destinations.
That’s why I’m super excited to talk about the fabric of Athleta’s Trekkie North Printed Jogger!
Best Hiking Pants EVERRRR!
The material is super comfortable and breathable inside, but feels like “plastic” on the outside, protecting my skin from water, nature elements and sun.
Here are the facts:
- Recycled Nylon/ Nylon/ Spandex
- BREATHABLE: Airflow moves easily through the garment
- WICKING: Pulls sweat away from the body to the surface of the fabric so it can evaporate
- RATED UPF 50+ (Excellent Protection)
- QUICK-DRYING: Dries in a flash for ultimate comfort when breaking a sweat
- ABRASION-RESISTANT: Resists snags and tears
- SUSTAINABLE: Made with Recycled Nylon, a high-performance material that helps lessen our impact on the world
- Machine wash and dry.
They offer a size chart based on hip and waist measurements. I’ve lost 22 pounds so aimed for a size 4, to celebrate 24 pounds lost on my new keto & more outdoorsy lifestyle!
The Terra Firma Olive Color reminds me of Brazil! Terra Firma means solid ground, love that!
You can check out more HERE: Athleta Hiking Pants
Spring means warmer weather, so I was excited to bring a new sleeveless piece to my arsenal to make sure I was ready for warmer days!
The Essence Tie Back Tank is not only super versatile in the ways you can use it but it’s also super cute, isn’t it?
I can’t wait to wear it to go hiking, when the Spring is in full bloom and we hit the high 70s temperature!
Here are a few pieces I also plan to order for summer hikes:
They are great for summer:
- FOR: Hiking, climbing and exploring, on or off the trail
- FEEL: Sleek, lightweight Ripstop has 2-way stretch for extra mobility
- FAVE: Elastic mesh waistband keeps you cool and stays in place
It gives me the extra support I need, while being cute and covering my skin.
Hope you head out to the Athleta site and pick your own faves!
Save for Later:
You can check out other Athleta pieces I got and will love all year long: HERE
I hope you continue to join my journey to a healthier year! Check out more updates in our social channels!
Can’t wait to hear what you think, as usual, give us a Trendy shout!