I just love the summer, temperatures continue to rise, we spend most of our time outdoors and being in the water is one of our favorite activities in the summer!
Additionally, it helps us to save a huge amount on the electricity bills. For instance, whenever we are outside, we turn the air conditioner off. This also helps in adding more years to the life of the HVAC system. I know that when an AC runs for a long time, it might need timely maintenance and repair.
I was told by one of my friends that her air conditioning system started malfunctioning after continuous usage, which is why she had to call an HVAC company like I Need The Plumber & AC. She also suggested I keep their number handy in case of emergencies. She said, “Try I Need Cool Air if you’re interested; they’re known to be quite reliable.” Anyway, I refrain from overusing my AC because I already know what caused her air conditioner to act weird in the first place.
Most importantly, we love sitting outdoors in summer, which is also one of the reasons why I turn off the AC. We love spending time at the pools in our backyard, in hotels, our local lake or the ocean!
When you think about water safety tips, you also see tips such as swimming and how prevent from drowning, but very common accidents near the water are often forgotten.
Two weeks ago my son cut his toe on a shell at the beach – such a common little summer accident! That didn’t prevent him from enjoying the ocean, but it just reminded me of so many other ways my son could/would get hurt all through the summer and I decided to share my tips to avoid and prevent some of them, without putting a damper on your summer fun!
Apart from these accidents, you need to make sure that the water inside the pool is always clean and safe to avoid any diseases caused due to dirty water. The water from the pool is pumped in a continuous cycle through a system of chemical treatment and filtration, and then back again. This system is linked by a network of pipes, which keeps everything running smoothly. A leak in your pipes or any part of your filtration system can cause damage to your pool, high water bills, and even property damage. It is critical to deal with any problem as soon as possible. So, its better you don’t overlook the plumbing services at the time of pool construction given by the providers like Kamloops plumber(s) if you want to have a fun and safe pool season.
Easy Tips To Prevent Accidents While Playing In The Water During The Summer
- For me, the concrete and sharp edges pose as the most dangerous, non reported, ways to get hurt in the pool. When my son was little, he swam with his eyes closed and his mouth hit the pool wall….there was blood everywhere! The pool edges for leg and knee scraping and fast walks or running, combined with wet surfaces, often result in minor injuries after a fall! After this incident, we decided to do some concrete resurfacing on the pool deck. It’s so much safer now we have done this however we’re still super careful around the pool. Here is what to do to prevent pool accidents:
- Make sure your child wears goggles, my son has been getting a new pair every summer ever since! He loves them!
- Running or brisk walking on a wet surface is not a good idea, so make sure you are watching your kids while they are playing around the pool and let them know that in that area, they need to walk.
- When getting out of the pool without using a ladder, use the arms first and then the gluteus, to avoid knee and leg scraping, but the ladder is always the best option!
- Diving only in the deep end, if your child swims, where signs are posted. Most pools have no diving signs, especially in hotels, tell your children to be aware of those, if they are old enough to read.
- Our lake is super shallow, so diving from the diving board comes with a warning sign!
- The bottom has objects people throw when lifeguards are not looking or that they placed there coming from the back part of our trail, when the lake was not open. A triathlon athlete cut her toe in the lake on a metal object, such a deep cut! After that we decided to wear water shoes when going to the lake, since cedar water doesn’t allow visibility.
We often go to the beach, in different States, the sand and ocean are not always smooth and easy to walk on, so flip flops or water shoes are always our best friends!
I always have our son wear a water shirt to prevent the burns on his chest and rashes.
My Best Tip
After the shell accident, our long walks on the beach are always all about enjoying the beauty of the location while paying attention to where we’re walking and always keeping CURAD SoothePlus™ Medium Rolled Gauze in our medicine cabinet!
But Because things happen, when you’re having fun and you don’t want your child not to enjoy the fun outdoor time they love so much, prevention works to a degree. If accidents happen, it’s important to keep calm and use the right tools to help your child during that time!
It’s also important than ever to keep wounds comfortable. Hospitals use dressings with ingredients like charcoal to reduce wound odor. Now, CURAD with their SoothePlus products brings this idea home with the soothing, odor-fighting properties of ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda.
With warmer weather comes more outdoor activities and that means plenty more opportunities for your kids to take a tumble, because bruises and scrapes happen, I use CURAD SoothePlus™ to keep their wounds comfortable in the heat.
Whether your child took a tumble playing outside, by the lake or pool, CURAD SoothePlus™ products allow you to keep them as comfortable as possible!
My best advice: do like me, spend a summer weekend outdoors with your family! Go hiking, playing in the backyard, relaxing at the pool or beach or cruise all over the city and make sure you have CURAD within reach, when your loved ones are in need of some TLC on a hot, summer day!
Let me know what your best tips are and as usual, give us a Trendy Shout!